Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I just needed time


Dolce & Gabana X 3 & Polo Sport. All from the late 90's.


Got back from another week in Nice about a week ago. Before I left I went to Tony, my favorite tailor, to have him fix all the dried up rubber bands in my old bathing trunks I've dug up from old boxes packed with stuff from my childhood.


We managed to squueze in three visits to Café de Turin during our stay. Service was so so... just like it always is... but the oysters and the mussels where top notch like we're used to too.




We made a day trip to Cap Ferrat during our week in Nice. The scenery was amazing and I'd recommend everyone that's on the French Riviera to walk around the "cap". After a 2 hour plus walk we we're in serious need of some food and somehow we decided on taking a trip back to the early 90's. Le Sloop in the harbor of the village is, according to themselves, a gourmet restaurant. Once upon a time they probably were. Nowadays they're just an over prized restaurant serving descent food with the risk of having you feel like you've gone back 15 years in time. Nothing wrong with the food but it's not worth the visit. So if you do the long walk around the peninsula, just grab a pizza before leaving the village instead of wasting your time and money on Le Sloop.







No comments:

Post a Comment